I’m passionate about undertaking research and I would welcome a conversation with anyone who is undertaking, or considering undertaking, projects relating to my research interests.
Current research interests:
- How marketing communications influence the student experience in HE institutions
- The impact of coaching conversational techniques on student performance
- Personal tutoring and academic advising in HE
- Active teaching and learning strategies
- Effective boundary setting with students
I have published and presented research with Ben Walker into the impact of specific coaching tools and techniques on student performance and emotional well-being. It was funded by The Education and Training Foundation and supported by the team at the Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training at the University of Sunderland.
The research was presented at the:
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) International Conference (July 2017)
- UK Advising and Tutoring (UKAT) Annual Conference (April 2017)
- AOC College HE Research and Scholarship Annual Conference (June 2016)
- Education and Training Foundation Annual Research Conference (July 2015)
The findings were also published in the InTuition Journal (The Journal for Professional Teachers and Trainers in the Further Education and Skills Sector) in December 2015.